Friday, March 04, 2011

banana response

Yesterday I posted an open letter regarding Del Monte's packaged bananas but apparently I emailed the wrong Del Monte. Here is the response:

Dear Truman,

Thank you for your e-mail about packaged bananas.

The story you are referring to involves Fresh Del Monte Produce, Inc, not Del Monte Foods. Del Monte Foods is one of the USA's largest producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality branded consumer foods and pet products. Our line of processed fruit products includes canned fruits, as well as premium processed chilled fruit sold in the produce section of your store. For a full list of our chilled fruit products, visit http://www.delmontechilledfruit.com/fruit-products/

Del Monte Foods is not affiliated with Fresh Delmonte, a company that markets fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh produce under the Del Monte brand. The product you contacted us about is not made by our company, but instead is a product of Fresh Del Monte. Their website is www.freshdelmonte.com, and their contact information is:

Del Monte Fresh Produce Co.
P.O. Box 14922 2
Coral Gables, FL 33114-9222

email: Contact-US-Executive-Office@freshdelmonte.com
Consumer toll free number: 1-800-950-3683

I appreciate the opportunity to respond and hope this information is helpful.

Cathy, Del Monte Foods Consumer Affairs

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You write better letters than I do. They didn't bother responding to me.

Thanks for the info, I'll send mine to the correct company :) Del Monte v. Fresh Del Monte...so confusing...I'm not sure I believe they are "not affiliates." Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction.

KermyFrag said...

Wow, I had no idea that this was a thing. I've never seen a singular, packaged banana. The scary thought here is that these might actually sell better than non packaged bananas....people are really that stupid. For some reason I can see people grabbing for a "convenient" packaged banana (for probably the same price as a bunch of bananas)because it takes less energy to open a plastic bag than it does to buy a bunch of bananas and worry about the uneaten ones going bad. I REALLY hope this marketing venture fails....c'mon people!