Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nogain Moreno?


Interesting article here from The Philadelphia Enquirer chronicling Denver first round Running Back Knowshon Moreno's lack of impact. For the record, I never would have taken a running back in the first but gun to my head, would have taken Beanie Wells.

Players I liked instead of Moreno before the draft:
Brian Cushing
Brian Orakpo
Chris "Beanie" Wells
Clay Matthews
Louis Delmas
James Laurinitis
Larry English

Players taken after Moreno I like in hindsight:
Percy Harvin
Kenny Britt
Vontae Davis
Ray Maualuga
Jairus Bird

2 comments:

JessieMcD said...

It's nice to know I'm not just ignorant - I've been wondering what I was missing with all the plays we've been wasting on Moreno, and also been asking about Hillis. So nice to see you, Tuesday :) I'd love to catch up with you sometime.

GnightMoon said...

Coaches want guys that can block, guys that can catch passes, etc. Moreno is notable for his all-around abilities. He may not be as fierce a runner as Hillis or have Buckhalter's speed, but his all-around game may exceed theirs.

(Not that any of them are above average).